7 Jun 2019
Most of our vacation rentals come with parking or the building that they are located in offers paid parking on the premises. However, sometimes we come across some properties that do not have parking on the premises so we thought this blog post would be helpful.
Free Parking in Waikiki
Well, let’s start by saying the parking rates in Waikiki are some of the most expensive in the country and free parking is almost impossible to find! That said, if you have the time, patience and the parking gods are with you, there are a couple of alternatives to paying for parking.
If you are coming on vacation and your plan is to find free parking, save yourself some grief and book one of our Waikiki Vacation Rentals with parking included, that way you can spend your valuable vacation money and time at the beach and enjoying all that Waikiki and our beautiful island has to offer.
- Your best bet for free street parking is along the Ala Wai Canal, however, do remember that there is no parking Monday or Friday from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM due to street cleaning – you will be towed. The good news is you are almost guaranteed to find a park at 11.31 AM on Mondays and Fridays! (excluding public holidays).
- On the Diamond Head side of Waikiki, near the Honolulu Zoo, there is some free parking on Montserrat Avenue. Watch for signs indicating closures for special events such as Hawaii Five-0 screenings, parades, and block parties.
- If you’re staying at one of our vacation rentals at the Ala Moana Hotel ($25 per day for valet parking) there is some free parking alongside the park on Ala Moana Park Drive. There are some places where parking is not permitted overnight including the side fronting the Waikiki Yacht Club, please read the signs carefully.
- Our recommendation for the most economical ‘Paid’ parking options in Waikiki are at the Waikiki Banyan or the Pacific Monarch.
Waikiki Paid Parking Options
- At the Ilikai Hotel you can valet your car and that comes with in and out privileges, which means you can take your car in and out of the valet parking as many times as you want throughout the day.
- Ilikai Marina has parking for 24 hours and a special for ten hours. To get the ten-hour special, you need to tell the parking attendant that you want to pay in advance for the special rate, do not pull a parking ticket, if you do, you won't get the 10-hour rate and will end up paying much more for parking.
- You can also find paid parking in the marked stalls along the marina which feature an hourly rate, but these spots are limited. If you are staying at Inn On the Park at the Ilikai Marina or at 444 Ena Road it is $2/hour if you park your car after 5:00 PM. If you need parking at the Island Colony they offer parking for $30/day.
- If you are staying at the Waikiki Shore or Regency On Beachwalk and are renting a car, we suggest that you use the Hale Koa Saratoga parking lot, which is on the other side of the street directly across from the Trump Tower and the Fort De Russy Army Museum. Parking rates are posted, but if you are planning on using the parking for an extended stay then a monthly parking pass may be purchased in person at the Hale Koa Parking Garage office located at 2055 Kalia Rd. Office hours are Mon-Thurs 10 am – 6 pm and Fri- Sun 9 am – 5 pm. For questions please contact them directly at 808-955-9490. Currently, they offer hourly rates at the gate for a 24 hour period or the monthly pass for unlimited access for up 30 days. We encourage our guests staying over 3 nights to get a monthly pass as the daily breakdown works out cheaper than other options.
- You can also park at the King Kalakaua Plaza they have hourly and daily rates. The parking garage entrance is on Kaliamoku Street. This parking location is also great for our guests who are staying at Royal Garden.
- If you are staying at the Cabana Waikiki towards the Diamondhead side of Waikiki, you can park at The Honolulu Zoo. The Zoo parking lot entrance is located on Kapahulu Avenue they have paid parking station for an hourly rate, you can add more money from your phone by using QuickPay (more information is located on the machine if needed).
- You can also park at the Waikiki Banyan offers parking for four hours, ten hours, a weekly rate, and a monthly rate. There is also street metered parking available from 6 am - 10 pm (price varies from each meter) then from 10 pm - 6 am it is free, but if you park in a metered stall you will need to move your car at 6 am or you can get a parking ticket of possibly get your car towed.
- The Waikiki Sunset public parking is $10 for every 10 hours guests will have to move their car every 10 hours. If you are staying at the Waikiki Park Heights and need parking, you can park at the Waikiki Banyan or Waikiki Sunset as well.
- If you are staying in central Waikiki like our building Four Paddle, you can self-park at the Hyatt Centric Waikiki for a daily fee, it is about a 5-minute walk from Four Paddle to the Hyatt Centric parking garage or a 10-minute walk to the Waikiki Banyan parking, or an 8-minute walk to the Waikiki Sunset parking garage.
- If you are staying at 444 Nahua we suggest parking at the Hyatt Centric, or Waikiki Banyan.
- If you are staying at the Seashore we recommend parking at the Hyatt centric or Pacific Monarch, Waikiki Banyan, Waikiki Sunset.
- Pacific Monarch also has Public Parking for a daily rate and it is also very close to the Royal Moana so you can park there or at the Waikiki Banyan.
Please note parking rates are subject to change without notice and Ali'i Beach Rentals is not affiliated with the referenced websites mentioned above.